home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

First blog! Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Icing

Welcome to my new blog, Yeah I'd Bake That! It's a blog about baking and love. But mostly about baking. Actually, all about baking. 

Be forewarned, I have no professional experience and no baking education, I just really like to do it. My problem is that I have no one to really bake for, no proper audience (and certainly not a house filled with children to eat it all) so I thought this might be a better venue. I'll still have to make people eat my baked goods, but this feels like a better outlet. I find the majority of my recipes online, so my plan is to highlight interesting recipes, photos of the process, and things I would like to bake but haven't yet. I'm open to challenges, so if you have something you'd like to see in particular, just let me know.

Now that we've gotten the exposition out of the way, let the first post begin.

For my very first blog entry, I'm starting with a ringer. Technically, or from my standpoint, you can't really go wrong with a recipe from Martha Stewart's website. Of all the ones I've made, the following one was definitely the easiest. It also helped that I had several bananas that had seen their day and were ready to serve their final purpose.

I found the recipe on Martha's site here. The cupcakes were super easy to make, and definitely didn't take very long. I do have to warn you that if you try them out - don't expect a sweet cupcake; these are almost passable for breakfast. The cupcake is banana based, and the icing is a mixture of honey and cinnamon. The icing is sweet, so it makes up for it.  

You can get the full list of ingredients and good stuff here: http://www.marthastewart.com/283233/banana-cupcakes-with-honey-cinnamon-fros

But here's a breakdown of how I made them:


In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.


The recipe calls for 4 ripe, ultra smashed bananas.



You'll need to make a well in the center of the bowl to mix together the butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. You'll need to start folding in the flour mixture, but only a little bit at a time.

So it looks like this!

Divide the batter into lined muffin cups. When I made them, I got exactly 12.

My cupcakes were in for about 25 minutes.

I made the icing (only powdered sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon) in the mixer. I was a little short on the sugar, but it  didn't seem to matter.

On her website, the icing was white, but mine came out a lighter color of brown.








Since I had cleared my house of bananas, I couldn't top each individual cupcake with a banana slice like the site suggests. Instead, I sprinkled them all with cinnamon. Not too shabby right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment