home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Snickers Cupcakes!

Second post. Less pressure. This weekend was our friend Christine's birthday, and I promised I would come bearing cupcakes. I went with snickers, raspberry & peanut butter. The snickers cupcakes are heart attack inducing but ridiculously good. I found the recipe on a site called Annie's Eats - she collected the ingredients from:

[[Cupcakes from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes, caramel sauce from Ready for Dessert by David Lebovitz, frosting adapted from My Baking Addiction]]

She does a better job of laying out the pictures and the ingredients than I ever could, so it's best to go there for the recipe. It's pretty easy to follow, just pretty time consuming. The carmel sauce alone will slow you down, but it's incredibly worth it. If you can measure success by high fives, than I think this was a good recipe to make again.

 I made the cupcakes and stuffed them with snickers at night.



I waited to ice them til the next day to make sure they still looked fancy for the party.


I was pretty happy with the final results:






I'll post the recipes for the peanut butter and the raspberry cupcakes another day. I actually ended up making a blackberry version of the cupcakes too, I'd say it was pretty successful baking venture. Definitely try these if you can. And make a dentist appointment too while you're at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment