home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dump Cake Part 2!

So the only thing I didn't actually bake so far has the most amount of views on this blog. I couldn't figure out why, especially since I didn't have any photos to accompany the post. I figured it must have been my witty writing and intelligent banter.

Then I had this thought - it must be because the cake sounds freaking amazing. And it did. So last week I had a few minutes to actually try and bake it- I say a few minutes because the whole thing took me about 8 minutes to put together. And it turns out, I was right. This cake really could make people give chocolate up for lent, and after eating it I think it might also cause divorces, marriages, spontaneous pregnancies, fault lines and any other kind of environmental catastrophe/something awesome. 

Now that I've actually made the cake, I HIGHLY encourage you to try it. Below are some after photos to help convince you. Forget the before because it all happened so fast. Again, I can't stress how easy this was so if you need something quick and easy that tastes like something you'd buy at an expensive restaurant, this is it.



Crazy right?



Up close and personal.





And this, which is not related, is a shot of the Snickers cupcakes I made for my mom last week. Second batch worked just as well! Check out the sweet cupcake stand I made too!


If you've made the dump cake, let me know!

2 comments:

I found your blog through a friend on Facebook and immediately made this cake. It is AMAZING and I already shared the recipe with my mom. She made it with all vanilla (pudding, cake, and chips) and said it was great that way too! Thanks for the post! I look forward to more desserts!! :-)

Hi Jody! Thanks for letting me know how the recipe went, I'm glad you enjoyed it. This cake really is ridiculously good, and I'd like to try the vanilla version myself! Please keep checking back for more desserts, and help get the word out about this little baking blog that could :)

Post a Comment