home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Greatest Sugar Cookie Recipe

I have a soft spot for baking sugar cookies because it reminds me of Christmas time, so in the summer months I always decide to bake them. But while I'm busy being all nostalgic, I completely forget that making sugar cookies starts off fun, becomes a pain in the ass, and then ends with me yelling at my sister for wandering off and quitting on me. The memories.

So I had lapsed into my sugar cookie feelings last week, and found myself home alone for a while with an acceptable excuse to bake some goods. I decided to make some sugar cookies, and remembered that I was given one of the greatest recipes for this kind of cookie. The Wilton Roll Out Cookies recipe is one of the best I've ever found because it's easy, you don't have to chill the dough, and they taste like you just picked them up from the bakery.

Now, normally I'm not the biggest fan of Wilton recipes - I've been burned by their icing a few times (literally, of course) - but this one is a keeper.




The best part of this blog post is my clear disregard for the holidays. As you can see above, I have three sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins, decorated for the fourth of July sitting in the most patriotic dish I think I've ever seen. When I brought them out at a tailgating event, I told everyone they were shaped like summer squashes. I don't know anyone who knows what a summer squash looks like.


Here's the link to the official recipe: http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Roll-Out-Cookie-Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (which I've never used, so you can do without it if you'd like)
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In mixing bowl cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla and almond extract.

Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture one cup at a time, mixing after each addition.

Do not chill dough (you don't have to, that's the best!)

On a floured surface, roll dough out. Dip cookie cutter into flour before each cut.

Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for 6-7 minutes or until light brown.
*This dough/cookie comes out very white, so keep an eye on them to make sure they're not burning around 5 minutes



You really can't go wrong with this sugar cookie recipe, specifically because they don't have many ingredients and they don't take long to make. Give 'em a shot!

And by the way,



I was dead on about the summer squash. Dead on.




Source: Wilton Roll Out Cookie Recipe

1 comments:

The problem with baking in the summer is , its too damn hot!!! =)

Post a Comment