home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

I've been trying to think of a nice way to say this, but...I've been ignoring you all. It's not you, it's me.

Okay, it's a little you.

But mostly me.

For the past couple months we've been working like crazy people trying to finish our documentary and readying the hundreds of dollars in DVDs and CDs we bought for people to purchase. At the same time, I've been preparing everything (financial aid) to start the next semester, and it's been storming a lot.

That last part doesn't really affect much, but it's rained like 100 inches in the past couple weeks.

Anyway, I've been super busy and wasn't sure what to post until Kevin and I practically bought every book in a Border's going out of business sale this past weekend. Between the two of us we easily bought over $100 in books. I literally walked away with an armload of cookbooks. In particular, this one book is amazing and has a super delicious recipe on just about every page - particularly this one for No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.

That's right.

I flipped open the book (Simply Chocolate), and that was the page it opened to. One of the few recipes that actually came with a picture, if I didn't walk out of the store with this book I was an idiot. For god sakes, there's only 4 ingredients!

So in honor of my recent absence, and to try and win back your hearts -- I'm posting this amazing recipe which I have yet to try myself but can see absolutely no fault in.

You can see the recipe from that link, or below:

No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Ingredients:
1 (15 or 18 oz) package of chocolate chip cookies
1 cup milk
1 (9 oz) commercial graham cracker crust
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1. Dip 8 cookies in milk, and place in a single layer in crust. Top with one third of whipped topping. Dip 8 more cookies in milk, place on top; spread with one third of whipped topping. Repeat layers with 8 more cookies, milk and remaining whipped cream.

2. Crumble 2 cookies and sprinkle over pie.

3. Cover and chill for 8 hours before serving.


I haven't made it yet, so I have no photos to post and the link I gave you is photoless too. But I imagine if you make it, people will look like this:

I do not know this man, but I think he would like this pie just as much.



I will be making this pie soon, so check back for an updated blog with pics! In the mean time, check out our FINISHED documentary (that has pictures!) at www.christymathewsondayfilm.com
^How's that for some cross promotion?



0 comments:

Post a Comment