home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Belated Valentines Day Rice Krispie Pops!

It's been quite some time since my Super Bowl post, I do apologize. I'd like to think that I was in some sort of food coma due to the loaded baked potato dip, or that I was just too distraught over the Giants win to carry on, but unfortunately the real reason is not that glamorous. Well it's a little glamorous - we did watch almost the full 5th season of The Wire in one week. I also caught whatever sinus or face infection that the whole world seems to have, so I've been a little out of it lately.

Before I came down with consumption I made these excellent rice krispie treat pops that were dipped in chocolate. Unlike my last foray into rice krispie pops, these were actually a success. I mean, a real success. I only got about 16 out of the batch, but they actually stayed on the stick, tasted delicious in the chocolate and were enjoyed by strangers! This photo to my left is proof, real proof. I didn't pay these people anything!

I found the initial idea for these pops on Pinterest, but the real recipe was a few layers in. Like rice krispie inception I finally found these on a blog called Korean American Mommy. If you know me, you know I fall squarely in this blog's demographic.

I mean hell, I am American.

Here's the link to the pops, and much better photos than I could ever manage:

This post was supposed to be for Valentines Day, but as you can see I'm a few days late. In order to make it up to you I'm throwing in an additional rice krispie recipe. So you're getting two for the price of one. It's no shamwow, but I hope you'll understand. These cake batter rice krispie treats killed at the party as well; they're not dipped in chocolate but how can you resist something that tastes like cake batter? This recipe comes from a blog called College Girl Cooking, which may be more appropriate:

I would highly suggest you make both of these. St. Patricks day is coming up, so a four leaf clover rice krispie pop would be appropriate. And oh hey, my birthday is coming up so you could make them for that too.

Just let me know so we don't both show up with the same thing.



Sources: 
Rice Krispie Treat Pops
Korean American Mommy

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
College Girl Cooking

1 comments:

Post a Comment