home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Potato Chip Cookies

I was reading a blog on the Philly Post today about Whole Foods, and how the author was never particularly excited to walk into the store and shell out large amounts of money for organic cheese and soy milk. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, mostly because I have the same aversion towards the chain and whenever I can meet another person like me it gives me a false sense of security. It's not me. It's the aisles of wheat grass and ground chia seeds. Okay, I know I'm irrational. I don't go to Shop Rite because I think the parking lot is too small, but I know that walking through Whole Foods makes me hate myself.

I used to go to one particular Whole Foods where around noon I couldn't find a non-employee that didn't have yoga pants on. Should grocery shopping make you feel this way? Should you want to change your pants before you walk in? I don't think that's healthy.

I have problems with grocery stores in general. My main issue is that I can never just walk out of the store with what I came in for. But that's a common problem. (On a side note, I'm celebrating a week without going to Target!) As I was thinking about Whole Foods today I started thinking about my shopping experiences in general. I always write myself a grocery list, but come out of the store with double what was on it. Am I trying to trick myself into thinking this will be an inexpensive trip? It's like I walk in the door and sensible Danielle goes off to look at Redbox movies. I turn into some kind of Supermarket Sweep contestant, what the hell's wrong with me.

The next time I go to the grocery store, I'm picking up the ingredients for these: Potato Chip Cookies Drizzled with Chocolate. Whatttttt. They sound amazing! Every once in a while I scroll through internet lists of the best cookies ever, and these appeared a few times. From the blog, Canadian Baker Too, these cookies have just 5 ingredients and end up tasting like shortbread. The past few recipes I've posted have been pretty involved, but these sound like a breeze. 



Consensus? I'll try anything that calls for potato chips.


UPDATE: Just made these, they are excellent!


Source: Canadian Baker Too

2 comments:

wow...potato chip cookies??dts unique idea

The super-market can be a scary place... I hate going alone. We just saw a movie called "Food inc." and read "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan, now working on reading "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'Brien. Food industry and shopping are taking on a new perspective for me. Just try to avoid soy in all its various forms, as if your extremely allergic to it, on one trip. =)

Post a Comment