home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Don't Know How I Made it Through High School Or Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

For those of you who might not be avid readers of my high school transcripts, I have always been pretty poor at math. In fact, in my sophomore (?) year of high school school I repeated geometry. I can't remember if I had failed miserably the year before, or if it was just close enough to failing to warrant giving it another shot, but there was something about that class that just made my brain shut down. So I took it again.

I don't want to say I'm more of a creative type because I know people a lot more creative than me. I'm easy with ideas, I can picture what the thing should look like, but when it comes to engineering it I'm basically useless. To support a bunch of half marathon runners a few weeks ago I had an idea for a sign that had a back part that would spin around to reveal 8 different names - keeping me from having to make 8 different signs. In my head, the sign would spin around a gold fastener which I figured would be easy to find (they weren't), and it would be no big deal to sit down and measure it all out to make sure each name fit in the space I provided. This would be my greatest running achievement.


I sat down on the floor in my office and started sketching, and immediately my brain decided that it was all too much. An hour later I was erasing everything I had already drawn. In my head this worked. On paper, this was geometry class all over again. You could practically hear my geometry teacher saying "Danielle, geometry is like drawing objects. It's shapes." You know what, I love shapes and I love drawing but you are a liar. Some people just have brains that don't compute math with shapes and unfortunately I'm just one of them. It's a terrible privilege as my hero, Dr. Bruce Banner, might say.

The point of all this is that sometimes the details of a project are too much for me. I went to make homemade pizza the other day and didn't notice the 3 hour dough rising time until right before I started. I have accidentally forgotten the peanut butter in a peanut butter cookie recipe. Who does that. The latest occurrence that has caused me to sit back and ask myself how I ever made it through high school was when I went to make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake for Kevin's birthday.

The recipe is pretty straight forward, it's actually incredibly easy and delicious, but when I looked at the list and saw "1 Texas shaped container of M&Ms" I saw "1 container of Texas shaped M&Ms". And for a long time I thought, I wonder where they got M&Ms shaped like Texas. I wondered how a machine could possibly create a M&M in that shape, and I thought about how hard it would be to create one for the state of Hawaii.

The moral of that story is that I'm an idiot and apparently slightly dyslexic.

After thinking about it and deciding that I couldn't possibly have read it correctly, I took a look again and realized that I'm just an idiot. I started making the cookie cake, it tasted amazing, and everyone was happy. How did I ever make it through high school?

M&M Cookie Pie
by Adventures in my Kitchen

Ingredients
1 cup + 1 tbs All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TEXAS SHAPED CONTAINER OF M&MS = 1 large cup of M&Ms

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Cream butter and sugar together. When mixed, add in egg and extract and continue to blend.
3. Mix together the flour and baking soda and slowly add it to the wet mixture.
4. Fold in the M&Ms.
5. Dump batter into greased pie pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the brownness, but 26 minutesish should do the trick and keep it moist.

The Chocolate Chip Cookie cake turned into a "Pikachu says Happy Birthday"
cake for reasons that I couldn't possibly explain in one blog.


So you can see that the cookie cake is small, but it tastes delicious. You can make it super fast, throw a pikachu on there and impress your family and friends. In terms of the cookie cakes you buy at the store, this actually tastes better because it's not as sweet and you could put in a texas-sized amount of M&Ms if you're feeling crazy. This comes highly recommended.


Source: Adventures in My Kitchen
Link: http://soozind.blogspot.com/2012/03/m-cookie-pie.html


             


0 comments:

Post a Comment