home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Breaking the Rules with Pizza Rolls

When you start putting yourself out there (to the 12 people masses) and you become a part of the ever changing machine that is the internet, it's good to have a set of bylaws that you can lean against when the times get tough.

Like if someone came up to me and said "Hey I noticed that your recipes might not be diabetic friendly" I could say "Can it Paula Deen! Check those bylaws before you wreck yourself."

Or if someone said "Hey, I noticed a serious lack of vegetable based recipes on your blog" I could say "I don't believe in vegetables, check the bylaws."

I also envision someone maybe emailing me and saying "Hey, I totally agree with your thoughts on those cookies and I really love the way you weave sarcasm into the kitchen" In that case I would print the email, frame it and just die from it's greatness.

I have a feeling none of those things will happen, but I will be prepared anyway. At least, sort of prepared. 

Up until now I had been operating under the assumption that this here blog was pretty self explanatory. I talk about things that I've baked, want to bake, and will eventually bake. My blogs have revolved around cupcakes, cakes, pies, cookies and any other pastry recipe I could get my hands on. There have been times when I've wanted to talk about a particularly great recipe for tacos (but how hard are tacos really?) or about the experience I had at Target when a wheel locked up on me and I almost punctured a lung (that's just not related at all) but I haven't. This is not my diary. My thoughts are that it's good to have a mission statement, and it's good to stick with it - but like most movies where the frumpy main female character discovers that it's good to break away from the pack, wear some mascara and act a little crazy sometimes - I'm stepping out on that mission statement and giving you a recipe for something that's not a dessert.

Gasp!

It's true. This recipe was just entirely too delicious, and entirely too easy not to post. The blog where I pulled the recipe from said that it could be the perfect food, and after trying it out myself I might have to agree. Tonight's recipe is for..dun dun dun..Stuffed Pizza Rolls.


Using a combination of frozen pizza dough, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, I literally turned this pie plate into the most coveted thing in the house. The how fast you can make these to goodness ratio is off the charts, so if I could give you any advice it'd be to hit up Our Best Bites and 
check out the recipe for these.


Serve with a side of marinara sauce in your Creme Brulee ramekins and you'll be set.





Not a bad recipe to break the rules for eh? Don't worry, it won't happen again until I find something worthy enough. The Super Bowl is still a week or so away, but you should put these ingredients on your shopping list now. You might have to make them more then once.

Source: Our Best Bites


0 comments:

Post a Comment