home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lofthouse Style Sugar Cookies

With the most super of bowls fast approaching, I've been trying to think of a way to weave a few different recipes into the same post. You can obviously just list them, but that's not clever. I want to be like the Lonely Planet guide to your super bowl refreshments. The Frommers of your food spread, if you will. This weeks post is going to be a short one in anticipation of next weeks. But although it may be short, it's still worth reading because it contains a knock off recipe for those super soft, usually pink-iced cookies that are always near the cash register at the grocery store.


You know those cookies I'm talking about. You can slave over the oven all day making homemade cookies and the moment someone walks in with those soft, pink cookies everyone can only talk about how soft they are. Because how could someone make a cookie that soft?! It's not a pillow.

The best part about these cookies is watching people decide if they're going to buy them. On a few different occasions I've watched people near the register just stare at the cookies. They pick up the package. They examine the cookies in what I assume is them judging the sprinkles and if they're equidistant to each other. I've never actually heard someone say this, but in my head they're saying "I would definitely buy these but the blue sprinkles are bigger than the purple ones." They put the cookies down and pretend to be interested in Jennifer Aniston's new baby or the thorough explaination of the Kardashian divorce that's on this week's People/US Weekly/National Enquirer. Nine times out of ten, they pick up the cookies and throw them in their cart like they're on some kind of cookie reconnaissance mission. If no one sees it, it never happened.

"I'll live with the messed up sprinkles. If I have to."

I also enjoy watching people put the cookies in their cart, and then saying much louder than they need to, "the people in the office will love me tomorrow!"

No they won't. Those cookies won't see tomorrow.

I'm sure you're catching onto the pattern here, but while I haven't made these yet I definitely want to. The recipe seems easy enough, and unlike the knock off girl scout cookies I posted earlier this month, these seem a little less time consuming and a little less coconuty.


And because I love you all so much, I wanted to give you an excerpt of what I tried to write about this week. It seriously lacks a clear focus and an intent for even writing the blog. When I finished writing it I noticed that I never even made a tie in with food. Not even some kind of baked good, I just never mentioned food. Here's a little taste for your enjoyment and eventually ammunition to tease me:

"Once I stepped in gum at the BEACH - in the sand - in my bare feet and had to stand on the boardwalk prying gum off of my feet while everyone walked by wondering why I was hunched over and cursing under my breath.

The cursing was not the weird part since we were in NJ, I think it was all the hunching.

Anyway, I've sort of taken a weird offense to this. We are not in the wilderness, you can not just drop food on the steps and say "it's fine! it'll decompose on it's own!" It's not a banana peel. It's definitely not something that an animal will run over and pick up. This gross habit has enveloped my morning routine as I have to see if she does it every morning."

Yeeeeahh. It's been a long week for me. I've been watching some girl spit her gum out on the same step every morning for a while now, and for whatever Seinfeld reason, it's really been bugging me.

So yeah, you're welcome for not posting that.



Source: Authentic Suburban Gourmet

0 comments:

Post a Comment